Sunday, June 30, 2013

Cartwheels Dress

Next on my list of dresses from Olivia's Someday book is the cartwheel dress!  A perfect dress for playing in the yard or whatever adventure Olivia wants to pursue.  Her little sister is getting a matching dress, but it's not quite finished yet.

For this one, I splurged and took a trip to the fabric store to buy fabric.  I think I found some pieces that do the dress justice.

 And here it is!




I think she likes it! :)  After finishing the dress, I realized that my attempts to make it simple by designing it with a boat neck and no fasteners at the neck made it slide down one shoulder or the other when she was wearing it, so I will have to do something to fix that.  Her little sister's will have buttons at the shoulders so the neck can be smaller on hers.

This colorful and inspirational book can be purchased here:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/someday-eileen-spinelli/1006566310?ean=9780803729414

No comments:

Post a Comment